ARTICLES BY KAREN PAVONE (Click on the bolded links to view each feature)
- MARCH 2017: Edible Marin & Wine Country Magazine (Spring issue)
Feature story and photos, Ranches with a View, profiling three unique West Marin farm stay getaways with event venues.
- SEPTEMBER 2016: Edible Marin & Wine Country Magazine (Fall issue)
Feature story & photos, Hard Core, gives a behind-the-scenes glimpse at four North Bay Area cider makers who are shaping the artisan cider movement.
- JUNE 2015: California Cattleman Magazine
Feature story & photo, Ranchin’ Vets; Serving those who have served us, spotlights this Bay Area-based non-profit that pairs veterans with working mentorship opportunities on cattle ranches nationwide.
- SEPTEMBER 2014: Flourish Magazine
Cover story & photos, Home on the Range, profiles 4th generation rancher Loren Poncia and his wife Lisa of Stemple Creek Ranch in West Marin County. They have reinvented their business raising grass-fed & finished beef and lamb.
Feature story & photos, Contented to the Core, takes a look at three North Bay cider mavens who are creating small-batch craft hard cider from locally grown heirloom apples.
- MARCH 2014: Flourish Magazine
Treasure In The Woods. Feature article with original photos that takes readers on a day-trip foraging adventure for wild mushrooms in the hills of West Marin with sfForage.
- DECEMBER 2013: Flourish Magazine
Cover story, Buzz Craft, highlighting the journey of rising star meadmaker Gordon Hull and his West Marin-based Heidrun Meadery. Co-authored feature article, Ultimate Soaks spotlighting North Bay spa retreats.
- OCTOBER 2013: NorthBay biz Magazine
- SEPTEMBER 2013: Flourish Magazine
- AUGUST 2013: NorthBay biz Magazine
- SUMMER 2013: Range Magazine
- MAY 2013: NorthBay biz Magazine
- MARCH 2013: NorthBay biz Magazine
Feature article, Cheesemakers’ Paradise, looks at the artisan cheese industry in California and profiles six North Bay farmstead cheesemakers who are making a name for themselves and their unique niche products.
- NOVEMBER 2012
Interview with freelance radio journalist Holly Fox of Deutsche Welle Radio, Germany’s international broadcaster, for her podcast on Proposition 37, California’s GMO labeling initiative