Sometimes I need a little lift.
Those mid-afternoon hours when my energy level is flagging are especially trying. It’s too late for a cup of coffee, which will keep me buzzing at night when I should be sleeping, but it’s not quite time to throw in the towel and close my computer.
So, what can you do to see you through? When I need a gentle energy boost, I reach for one (or two) of these Emerald Matcha Pick-Me-Ups!
Made with just five simple good-for-you ingredients, these little bites are the perfect way to perk up your midday slump. It takes just minutes to whip up a batch, and they store beautifully in the refrigerator so you can grab them when you need them.
Plus you’ll enjoy the healthy benefits of adding a little antioxidant rich Matcha green tea powder to your daily diet, which can help boost metabolism, calm your mind, enhance your mood, and aid in concentration.
The next time you need a little lift, try one of these delicious green tea bites and get glowing!
*Many thanks to ceramic artist Pandora Nash Karner for this beautiful, handmade bowl.
EMERALD MATCHA PICK-ME-UPS (makes 20, 1 teaspoon-sized balls)
Printable recipe: Emerald Matcha Energy Bites
- 1 cup shredded toasted coconut
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic Matcha Green Tea powder (Rishi and Mighty Leaf are both great brands)
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the mixture and roll into balls with your hands.
- Store, tightly sealed, in the refrigerator.
I think this would be a baller fo make for St. Patrick’s Day + tea-rrif-ic
Lol! And they are a glorious green too 😉
Nice bowl!!!! >
Thanks to you! 🙂